As a Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MEMCM / MECM / SCCM / ConfigMgr ) Admin, Reporting is a fact of life! In MECM it built-in report is really SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). You can ever See Power BI Desktop or Power BI Report Server (PBRS) Reports too!
Garth’s Guideline for Creating Reports
- Follow the KISS principal
- Always use the views not the tables for your SQL queries
- Keep report to a 4-5 columns
- Try to limit the number of views used within each SQL query
- Keep the drill through column as the first column
- Try to link reports as: Count of ?, List of ?, Computer Details
- For each item you add to your sms_def.mof add/create the corresponding web reports.
- Backup your SQL queries!!!
- Limit the use of v_R* views
- Publish as many queries as possible
- Grant access to all of your web reports to your IT team, particularly management!