Do you go to User Group event? Have you gone out for pints afterwards? Did you know some of the best idea come from the informal after events?
Here is a case and point of how a few people (and yes there was woman there too!) can brainstorm and come up with an idea that helps everyone. “Security Bulletins for the regular IT guy” Podcast https://blogs.technet.com/canitpro/archive/2009/03/10/security-bulletins-for-the-regular-it-guy-podcast-03-10-2009.aspx.
On side note I was met with Bruce Cowper yesterday, He is the Chief Security Advisor for Microsoft Canada. One of the ideas that I asked him to consider is arranging for a presentation to OWSUG (hopefully recording it too) on Patch management.
· How to catch up on past software updates
· Best practices with respect to testing software updates.
· How to “sell” software updates to Management
· How to “sell” software updates to End clients
· How to deploy software updates to end clients with the least amount of disruption.
· Reporting Software update compliancy levels.
That last item, I got “roped” into updating a query that I wrote for ConfigMgr “Patch compliance progression report” to make it more useful.